Whether you’re renovating or building a brand-new bathroom, it’s important to choose the right shower head for your home. After all, you don’t want to be getting into the wrong kind of lather at shower time!
So is it better to opt for a shower rail set with both a handheld and fixed shower head or is a separate, fixed shower head a wiser choice? Here are some pros and cons to consider before taking the plunge:
Shower rail sets
- More showering options – with a two-in-one shower rail set, you get the best of both worlds.
- Very flexible – use the handheld shower head to target specific body zones.
- Adjustable height – raise or lower the height of the shower head so everyone regardless of their height can get a full body wash. Lower the height to keep your hair dry.
- Adjustable water pressure – move the detachable shower head closer for high water pressure or further away for a low-pressure spray.
- Ideal for washing pets – detach the handheld shower head to give your pet a good wash.
- Easy to keep your shower clean – use the removable shower head to wet and rinse the shower recess so it stays sparkling clean.
- Wide variety of models.
- Wide price range.
- More expensive to buy and install.
- More space is required.
- Not as sleek and minimal as separate shower heads – however, there is still a vast array of very attractive styles, colours and finishes available.
- Less durable – you may need to replace parts more frequently. Plus, dropping a handheld shower head can easily damage or break it.
Separate, fixed shower heads
- Perfect for creating a sleek, minimalist look in your bathroom.
- Ideal for a very relaxing shower experience – you’ll get a steady, soaking stream of water cascading over your body. Rain shower heads are particularly good at delivering a luxurious, soothing, spa-like feel.
- More robust and durable – with fewer moving parts, the fittings are sturdier and less likely to break.
- Low maintenance and easy to clean.
- Hands-free showering.
- Easy to install.
- Less flexible for children, the elderly and disabled people.
- High ceilings are required for rain shower heads.
- Choice of models may be more limited – especially in comparison to shower rail sets.
At Builders World, we don’t play favourites. We stock and sell an extensive range of designer shower rail sets and separate shower heads. If you’re still not sure which shower fittings to choose, our friendly staff are available to help you decide. Contact us today – you could soon be installing a shower that makes a big splash!